Skype is a very popular messenger, which is known primarily for the ability to easily make video calls, but offers a lot more – text messages, voice messages and even file transfer. With Skype, you can also share your screen with your callers! Whether it’s a presentation or an image, you can share it with your friends. It’s very easy and you can do it with one click. Let’s go!
How to share the screen
In Skype during a voice or video call, you can share your screen on Phone, Pad, Android (6.0+), Linux, Windows, on the Internet, on Mac computers and in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
Make sure you’re using the latest version of Skype, and then start sharing your screen during the call:
- On the desktop and on the Internet – select the screen share button – two squares. (screen sharing via Skype in the browser is only available for the Chrome browser)
- If you’re using Skype for Mac on macOS 10.15 (Catalina), Skype requires access to the screen recording feature in Mac System Preferences to share the screen during a call. You will receive a Skype notification, directing you to settings, or you will need to grant Skype access to screen recording in macOS Catalina System Preferences.
- on Android – press the more more button and then the screen sharing button.
- on iPhone and iPad – press more and then screen share button. In the confirmation window, select Skype and then Start broadcast.
Select the screen share button again to stop sharing.
How to start a group conversation
- On the contact list, click the first person you want to talk to. Adding more people involves dragging them to the right of the window and placing them next to the names of previously added users – at the top of the window.
- After adding all users, we can start a chat or voice or video call with them by clicking on the appropriate icon.
Group chat in Skype can also be started in a different way: in the main program window, click on the People menu and select the New group option. By clicking on the Empty group field, we can change the name and basic options of our group. Click the Add people button and select our interlocutors.
The selection is confirmed by clicking the Add to group button. Now just write messages or start a video call.
Voice distortion is available for Skype
It won’t hurt a bit of fun: with the help of Skype Voice Changer we can surprise our friends during a conversation with a completely different sound of voice. We download and install the program, then allow access on Skype. To distort the voice, click the Add Effect button and select, for example, Pitchdown from the list to have a very low voice. After clicking OK we can go back to Skype and call friends. The effect of surprise is guaranteed!